1. Dick DM, Nasim A, Edwards AC, Salvatore J, Cho SB, Adkins A, Meyers J, Yan J, Cooke M, Clifford J, Goyal N, Halberstadt L, Ailstock K, Neale Z, Oplaesky J, Hancock L, Donovan KK, Sun C, Riley B, Kendler KS. Spit for Science: Launching a longitudinal study of genetic and environmental influences on substance use and emotional health at a large US university. Frontiers in Genetics (Behavioral and Psychiatric), 2014 Mar 6;5:47. doi: 10.3389/fgene.2014.00047. PMID: 24639683. PMCID: PMC3944794
2. Salvatore JE, Kendler KS, Dick DM. Romantic relationship status and alcohol use and problems across the first year of college. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 2014 Jul;75(4)580-9. PMID: 24988257. PMCID: PMC4108599
3. Kendler KS, Myers J, Dick DM. The stability and predictors of peer group deviance in university students. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2015 Sep;50(9):1463-70. doi: 10.1007/s00127-015-1031-4. Epub 2015 Feb 22. PMID: 25702166. PMCID: PMC454657
4. Dick DM, Hancock LC. Integrating basic research with prevention/intervention to reduce risky substance use among college students. Frontiers in Psychology. 2015 May 7;6544. doi: 10.3389fpsyg.2015.00544. eCollection 2015. PMID: 25999878. PMCID: PMC4423347
5. Kendler KS, Edwards A, Myers J, Cho SB, Adkins A, Dick D. The predictive power of family history measures of alcohol and drug problems and internalizing disorders in a college population. American Journal of Medical Genetics, Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics. 2015 July;168(5):337-46. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.b.32320. Epub 2015 May 6. PMID: 25946510. PMCID: PMC4466079 [Available on 2016-7-1]
6. Conley A, Overstreet CM, Hawn SE, Kendler KS, Dick DM, Amstadter AB. Prevalence and predictors of sexual assault among a college sample. American Journal of Public Health. 2016 Sep 14:1-9. [Epub ahead of print]. doi: 10.1080/07448481.2016.1235578 PMID: 27628533
7. Savage JE, Neale Z, Cho SB, Hancock L, Kalmijn JA, Smith TL, Schuckit MA, Kidd Donovan K, Dick DM. Level of response to alcohol as a factor for targeted prevention in college students. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 2015
8. Berenz EC, Cho SB, Overstreet C, Kendler K, Amstadter AB, Dick DM. Longitudinal investigation of interpersonal trauma exposure and alcohol use trajectories. Addictive Behaviors. 2016 Feb;53:67-73. doi: 10.1016/j.addbeh.2015.09.014. Epub 2015 Sep 25. PMID: 26454552. PMCID: PMC4699169. [Available on 2017-02-01]
9. Cho SB, Llaneza DC, Adkins AE, Cooke M, Kendler KS, Clark SL, Dick DM. Patterns of Substance Use Across the First Year of College and Associated Risk Factors. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 2015 Oct 27;6:152. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2015.00152. PMID: 26578984. PMCID: PMC4621385
10. Salvatore JE, Thomas NS, Cho SB, Adkins A, Kendler KS, Dick DM. The role of romantic relationship status in pathways of risk for emerging adult alcohol use. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors. 2016 May;30(3):335-44. doi: 10.1037/adb0000145. PMID: 27214170. PMCID: PMC4880412 [Available on 2017-05-01]
11. Berenz EC, Kevorkian S, Chowdhury N, Dick DM, Kendler KS, & Amstadter AB (2016). Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms, anxiety sensitivity, and alcohol use motives in college students with a history of interpersonal trauma. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 30, 755-763.
12. Moore AA, Overstreet C, Kendler KS, Dick D, Adkins A, Amstadter AB. Potentially traumatic events, personality and risky sexual behavior in undergraduate college students. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. 2016 Jun 27. doi: 10.1037/tra0000168. PMID: 27348066. [Epub ahead of print].
13. Cooke ME, Nasim A, Cho SB, Kendler KS, Clark SL, Dick DM. Predicting tobacco use across the first year of college. American Journal of Health Behaviors. 2016 Jul 40(4): 484-95. DOI:10.5993/AJHB.40.4.10
14. Bono R, Barnes A, Dick DM, Kendler KS. Drinking, Cigarette Smoking, and Employment among American College Freshmen at a Four-Year University. Substance Use and Misuse. 2016 Oct 18:1-12. [Epub ahead of print] doi: 10.1080/10826084.2016.1223136. PubMed PMID: 27754728
15. Homman LE, Edwards AC, Cho SB, Dick DM, Kendler KS. Gender and direction of effect of alcohol problems and internalising symptoms in a longitudinal sample of college students. Substance Use and Misuse. Epub 2016 Nov 16. doi: 10.1080/10826084.2016.1233983
16. Bryant N, Arendt J, Kendler KS, Dick DM, Adkins A. From saliva samples to the classroom and beyond: What college students are telling us about genetic and environmental influences on substance use and emotional health. Substance Abuse Library and Information Studies (2016) Volume III, Issue I. Pg. 4-10
17. Overstreet CM, Berenz EC, Kendler KS, Dick DM, Amstadter AB. Predictors and mental health outcomes of potentially traumatic event exposure. Psychiatry Research (2017) Volume 247, Pages 296-304 doi: 10.1016/j.psychres.2016.10.047
18. Spindle T, HIler M, Cooke M, Eissenberg T, Kendler KS, Dick DM. Electronic cigarette use and uptake of cigarette smoking: A longitudinal examination of US college students. Addictive Behaviors, in press.
19. Lind MJ, Baylor A, Overstreet CM, Hawn SE, Rybarczyk BD, Kendler KS, Dick DM, Amstadter AB. Relationships between potentially traumatic events, sleep disturbance, and symptoms of PTSD and alcohol use disorder in a young adult sample. Sleep Medicine(2017) Volume 34, Pages 141-147 doi: 10.1016/j.sleep.2017.02.024.
20. O’Shea T, Thomas NS, Webb BT, Dick DM, Kendler KS, & Chartier, KG. ALDH2 rs671 and peer drinking in East Asian college students. The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, (2017) Epub ahead of print
21. Peterson RE, Edwards AC, Bacanu SA, Dick DM, Kendler KS, Webb BT. The Utility of empirically assigning ancestry groups in cross-population genetic studies of addiction. Am J Addict (2017) 26(5) 494-501 doi: 10.1111/ajad.12586.
22. Bares, C.B., Dick, D., Kendler, K.S. (in-press). Nicotine dependence, internalizing symptoms, mood variability and daily tobacco use among young adult smokers. Addictive Behaviors: Special Issue on Ambulatory Assessment.
23. Chowdhury, N., Kevorkian, S., Hawn, S.E., Amstadter, A.B., Dick, D., Kendler, K.S., Berenz, E.C. (2018). Associations between personality and distress tolerance among trauma-exposed young adults. Personality and Individual Differences, 120, 166-170.
Berenz EC, Vukanovic A, Kevorkain S, Gonzales RE, Chowdhurry N, Dutcher CD, Dick DM, Kendler KS, Amstadter AB. Childhood trauma and distress tolerance: A multi-modal study in independent samples. Under review.
Bourdon J, Moore AA, Do EK, Kendler KS, Dick DM. The relationship between on-campus service utilization and common mental health symptoms in undergraduate college students. Under review
Cho SB, Aliev F, Kendler KS, Davies AG, Dick DM, Bettinger JC. The association of C-terminal-binding protein CTBP1 and CTBP2 genes with alcohol problems and externalizing behavior. Under review
Cooke M, Neale ZE, Barr PB, Myers J, Dick DM, Kendler KS, Edwards AC. The role of social, familial, and individual-level factors on multiple alcohol use outcomes during the first year of university. Under review
Do EK, Cooke M, Dick DM, Kendler KS, Maes H. Prevalence and correlates of tobacco use in Spit for Science. Under review
Docherty AR, Moscati A, Dick DM, Savage JE, Salvatore JE, Cooke M, Aliev F, Moore AA, Peterson RE, Edwards AC, Riley BP, Adkins DE, Webb BT, Bacanu SA, Kendler KS. A genome-wide polygenic atlas of the phenome in emerging adulthood. Under review
Hancock L, Su J, McGann A, Alshagra M, Ericson R, Niazi Z, Dick DM*, Adkins A*. Evaluation of the impact of campus-wide social norms marketing intervention on alcohol use perceptions, consumption and blackouts. Under review
Hawn SE, Lind, MJ, Conley A, Overstreet, CM, Kendler KS, Dick DM, Amstadter AB. Effects of social support on the association between pre-college sexual assault and college onset victimization. Under review
Niazi Z, Dick DM, Adkins A, Cooke M. The influence of parenting styles on alcohol and nicotine drug use among university students. Under review
Overstreet C, Hawn SE, Conley A, Kendler KS, Dick DM, Amstadter AB. Prevalence and predictors of physical assault among a college sample. Under Review
Webb BT, Edwards AC, Wolen AR, Salvatore JE, Aliev F, Riley BP, Sun C, Vernell SW, Kitchen JN, Pedersen KA, Adkins A, Cooke M, Savage JE, Neale Z, Cho SB, Dick DM, Kendler KS. Genetic influences on normative and problematic alcohol use in a population-based sample of college students. Under Review
Do EK, Prom-Wormley EC, Fuemmeler BF, Dick DM, Kendler KS & Maes HH. Associations Between Initial Experiences with Nicotine, Recent Tobacco Use, and Dependence. Under review
Williams K, Thomas NS, Adkins AE, Dick DM. Perception of peer drinking and access to alcohol mediate the effect of residence status on alcohol consumption. Under review
Neale ZE, Salvatore JE, Cooke ME, Savage JE, Aliev F, Donovan KK, Hancock L, Dick DM. The utility of a brief web-based prevention intervention as a universal approach for risky alcohol use in college students: evidence of moderation by family history. Under review
Hawn SE, Sheerin CM, Webb BT, Peterson RE, Do E, Dick, DM, Kendler KS, Bacanu SA, Amstadter AB. Replication of the interaction of PRKG1 and trauma exposure on alcohol misuse in an independent, African American sample. Under review
Savage JE, Jansen PR, Stringer S, et al. GWAS meta-analysis identifies new genes and functional links to intelligence (N=279,930). Under review.